Recent Calls
Tue. Jun 27th 2017
Fire at Quality Inn

At approximately 2:12 a.m. Co. 31, along with Co. 32, Co. 38, Co. 37,  Unit 11 and Unit 17 were dispatched for a re...

Read more »
Fri. Jun 23rd 2017
Barn Fire

At approximately 12:36 a.m. Co. 31 along with Co. 32, Co. 37, Co. 38, Co. 42 and Unit 11 were dispatched for a reported barn ...

Read more »
Mon. May 1st 2017
Very Busy Evening and night

Do to a strong storm system that went through Bedford County, area fire depts were kept very busy with a wide range of calls....

Read more »
News Headlines
Sat. Jul 22nd 2017
2 New Stihl Saws

The Bedford Fire Dept recently put 2 new Stihl saws into service.  The first saw is a Stihl MS 461 Rescue saw, that was ...

Read more »
Tue. Jan 3rd 2017
Busy 2016

The Bedford Fire Dept. had another busy year in 2016 with the dept running 308 emergency calls.  This was down from...

Read more »
Mon. Oct 3rd 2016
Fall Foliage, weekend 1

The first weekend of the Bedford Fall Foliage Festival was held October 1 & 2.  Although the weather wasn't idea...

Read more »
Consumer Product Safety Commission Recalls
The fuel tank neck can crack or the wiring harness can overheat or short circuit, posing fuel leak and fire hazards. 
The LED light bulb’s base can separate from the connector, posing an electrical shock hazard.
The mattresses fail to meet the mandatory federal flammability standard for mattresses, posing a fire hazard.
The lithium-ion battery packs in the self-balancing scooters/hoverboards can overheat, posing a risk of smoking, catching fire and/or exploding.
The women’s scarves fail to meet the federal flammability standard for clothing textiles, posing a risk of burn injuries to consumers.
The colored plastic tubes on the product may become brittle and break into small pieces, posing a choking hazard to infants.
Fuel can leak into the headlight pod, posing fuel leak and fire hazards.
One of the five harness belts can unlock during use and allow the user to fall out of or be thrown from the vehicle, posing a risk of serious injury or death.
The front brake can detach, posing crash and injury hazards.
Parts inside the toy can break creating a sharp point that can penetrate the surface of the toy, posing a laceration hazard.
The glass beer mug can break if heated or used with hot liquid, posing burn and laceration hazards.
The refillable propane cylinders can leak propane gas, posing fire and explosion hazards.
Carbide rollers on the triggers can crack causing the weapon to discharge without trigger activation, posing an injury hazard to the user or bystander.
The height adjusting carriage assembly can loosen and fall on the consumer, posing an impact hazard.
The rear axle can fail, posing fall and crash hazards to riders.
Air in the brake system can cause brake failure, posing a crash hazard to the user or bystander.
The halogen bulbs sold with the chandeliers can melt parts of the fixture, posing fire and burn hazards.
The snap at the crotch of the coveralls can detach, posing a choking hazard to infants.
The light shades can detach and fall, posing laceration and burn hazards.
The recalled chests are unstable if they are not anchored to the wall, posing serious tip-over and entrapment hazards that can result in death or injuries to children. The chests do not comply with the performance requirements of the U.S. voluntary industry standard (ASTM F2057-14).
The recalled chests are unstable if they are not anchored to the wall, posing serious tip-over and entrapment hazards that can result in death or injuries to children. The chests do not comply with the performance requirements of the U.S. voluntary industry standard (ASTM F2057-14).          
The Red, White, & Blue Smoke fireworks can explode unexpectedly after being lit.
The legs on the base of the chair can break, posing a fall hazard.
The fuel gauge retainer can collapse and leak fuel, posing a fire hazard.
The fork leg can crack or become damaged, posing a fall hazard.
The women’s scarves fail to meet federal flammability standard for clothing textiles, posing a risk of burn injuries to consumers.
The children’s robes fail to meet the federal flammability standards for children’s sleepwear, posing a risk of burn injuries to children.
The handle on the Vergo belay device can loosen and cause the device’s assisted braking capacity to malfunction, posing fall and injury hazards to climbers.
The legs of the chairs can break, posing a fall hazard to consumers.
The handlebars can crack, posing a fall hazard to the consumer.
A young child’s neck can fit into the “V” shaped opening along the top edge of the gate, posing entrapment and strangulation hazards to young children. Also, young children can pass under the gate allowing access to restricted areas, such as stairs.
The pump control cover can be improperly grounded, posing an electrical shock hazard.
The plastic diffuser lens can detach and fall unexpectedly, posing a risk of injury from impact.
The snowmobile drive clutch can fracture and fragments can escape the snowmobile shielding, posing an impact hazard.
The buttons can detach from the garment, posing a choking hazard to young children. 
The children’s robes fail to meet flammability standards for children’s sleepwear, posing a risk of burn injuries to children.
The circuit board in the lawn mower can short circuit and catch fire, posing a fire hazard to users.
The meters can fail to give an accurate voltage reading, resulting in the operator falsely believing the electrical power is low or off, posing an electrocution hazard.
Seat slider bolts and push nuts can disconnect and fall from the chair, which could cause the seat to detach from the chair, posing a fall hazard to consumers.
The joint of the articulating arm can pinch or cut the electrical wire causing it to fray, posing a shock hazard.
Upcoming Events
Every 1st Thursday
7:30pm
Fri. Jul 28th 2017
6:30pm
Mon. Jul 31st 2017
7:00pm
Tue. Aug 1st 2017
5:15pm - 8:30pm
Picture Gallery
Website Search
Apparatus Gallery
2017 Call Volume
 Fire
Jan25
Feb24
Mar19
Apr18
May48
Jun26
Jul17
Aug 
Sep 
Oct 
Nov 
Dec 
Total177

Call Volume History

Contact Information
Bedford Fire Department No. 1 Inc.
244 West Penn Street
Bedford, PA 15522
Non-Emergency: 814-623-8914
Emergency: 911